This company offers a great work life balance (10 hours OT per month)
Opportunity to join a stable team
Our client is a leading Global Medical Device company. They employ over 200 people here in Japan and have headquarters in the USA. They can offer a very stable career with a great work life balance as the average number of overtime in a month does not exceed 10 hours.
1. Product / upgrades / service parts order fulfilment for on time complete delivery
a. Import / export of parts and products from overseas suppliers/factories
b. 3PL management including forward and reverse logistics operations with special focus on last mile delivery management
c. coordination with global factories / suppliers
d. support local logistics arrangement for off-site events
2. Network operations management to deliver commitments to customer in Japan
a. First contact for issues and escalations for quick resolution and turnaround
b. Performance management through KPI measurement, corrective actions and reporting
c. Operations transaction on SAP and other tools
d. Customs procedures, trade compliance and broker management
e. Returns /Reverse Logistics operations for defectives / repairables to overseas entities / suppliers
3. Continuous improvement programs in operations, order management and fulfilment to meet cost, lead time, efficiency and productivity goals
a. Supply Chain Data/cost analysis
b. Solution Design, Project planning, stake-holder management, implementation, training and ongoing management
c. cost management programs, productivity and efficiency projects and initiatives
d. management reporting
4. Ensure trade, regulatory, policy compliance and quality procedures are adhered to
5. Engage with country, regional and global management to deliver business goals and global alignment of processes
6. Logistics Operations process documentation and updates
- Exhibits understanding of international trade, local import / export processes, healthcare industry regulations and international shipments.
- Direct experience dealing with customs authorities and officials is a plus,
- Ability to manage people and 3rd parties especially 3PLs - familiar with warehousing operations and supply chain, transportation solutions and 3PLs in Japan, WMS solutions, service logistics, customs and internationals transportation.
- Experience with SAP or equivalent ERP product and productivity software desired.
- Project management - proven hands on experience with examples to demonstrate
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or equivalent
- Proficiency in English and Japanese spoken and written
- 3-4 years of related experience in service logistics, suppliers management and finished goods distribution and fulfilment in Japan
- Team player who is willing to support the group to achieve objectives
- A competitive salary of up to 6M JPY per year
- Stable career opportunity and a great work life balance