Legal Counsel - Real Estate
Global real estate firm with an international work environment
Competitive salary and good career prospects
Our client is a global commercial real estate investment and services firm with an established presence in Japan.
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts for various real-estate related services offered by the company.
- Provide advice to business units on communications, pitches, transactions and other interaction with their clients, including complaints and disputes.
- Draft and update contract templates.
- Research on laws, regulations and practices.
- Participate in corporate secretarial function of the Legal Department.
- Draft, maintain and update the internal rules of the company.
- Ensure regulatory compliance.
- Prepare materials for and conduct training sessions for employees of the company on business law and regulatory compliance.
- 5+ years PQE in domestic and cross-border transactions. Experience as an in-house Lawyer is desirable.
- Qualification to practice law in Japan and/or a common-law jurisdiction.
- Proven ability and experience in drafting contracts and other legal instruments in English and Japanese.
- Oral and written communication skills in Japanese and English
- Enthusiasm for working out solutions that accommodate business requirements without compromising legal and regulatory-compliance constraints
- Commitment and ownership to the projects assigned.
- Modern office located in central Tokyo
- Competitive salary package
- Good work life balance
- International work environment