- Global leader in the chemical industry.
- Direct report to APAC General Counsel.
About Our Client
Our client are a US headquartered chemical company, serving the automotive and construction industries. They have almost 10,000 employees globally and offices in over 15 countries, making this a truly international company.
They have been expanding in the APAC region and require a Legal Counsel for Japan to oversee the legal aspects of the exciting growth.
- Drafting and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts.
- Advise business teams across multiple locations and functions in Japan.
- Lead the compliance programmes.
- Monitor and advise on relevant regulations in the region.
- Report to the APAC general counsel and assist on other matters.
- Strategise and collaborate with global teams to excel business expansion.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified in any jurisdiction.
- A background in manufacturing or chemical industry is preferred.
- International experience is preferred.
- English and Japanese proficiency to draft and review contracts.
- Excellent communication skills.
What's on Offer
- Be responsible for legal operations in Japan, reporting directly to APAC.
- Gain a wide range of experience at a market leading company.
- Great work life balance.
- Competitive compensation package.