Legal Counsel - International IT Consulting Firm
First legal counsel role for company in Japan
Work closely with regional stakeholders
The client is a global IT consulting company with over 300 employees here in Japan.
- Work with the regional and global teams to roll out legal initiatives and handle projects
- Oversee all legal aspects of local commercial matters including drafting, reviewing, and negotiating contracts
- Provide legal and compliance to employees, while staying up-to-date with relevant laws and regulations
- Advise the business on all legal matters including those issues relating to employment law
- 5+ years experience in a law firm or in-house legal department
- Ability to negotiate and draft contracts in both English and Japanese
- Legal qualification in Japan or English-speaking jurisdiction preferred, but not necessary
- Industry background in IT and/or consulting a plus
This is the opportunity to join an international organization as the first legal counsel for the Japan office.