Legal Counsel at Chinese Investment Banking Firm
Be the first Lawyer for their Japan office
Secondment opportunity in Hong Kong
One of China's leading financial services company that provide services in investment banking, securities, asset management, and other financial services to their global clients. The company is based in Beijing with offices throughout China, and overseas offices in major cities across the globe.
The company is experiencing a dramatic growth over the past years. They expanded to the Japan market since last year, and now they are doubling their headcounts in the Tokyo office.
- Overseeing all legal work undertaken within the Company on a day-to-day basis;
- Supporting both the equities sales and trading team and the investment banking team;
- Supporting the Company's management in terms of keeping the management informed of legal and regulatory updates that will affect the business;
- Implementing appropriate training and developing new policies and procedures to reflect changes in financial services regulations, as well as updating existing ones;
- Collaborate closely with legal teams in the Headquarter;
- Assisting the Board of Directors on company secretarial matters;
- Working with teams in other jurisdictions;
- Supporting management in operational matters, ideally with some understanding of finance, tax, and employment rules, as well as trade settlement;
- Attorney admitted in Japan or other Jurisdictions.
- Law degree from notable University.
- Ability to draft and review contract in Japanese and English (Mandarin ability would be a plus but not required).
- Strong experience in a law-firm or in-house.
- Experience in M&A, finance, or capital market would be a plus.
- Work closely with global lawyers.
- Opportunity to establish the Legal department of their Japan office.