LED Lens development engineer
Opportunity to use and enhance your technical background
Opportunity to speak English
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in light engine technology. The company develops, manufactures and distributes groundbreaking LEDs and automotive lighting products in order to bright up their customers' lives.
The LED Lens development engineer creates, releases and continuously drives the improvement of tools, equipment, manufacturing processes and related Quality systems to meet the product specifications. In this role, he translates product requirements into process requirements save-guarded by proper process monitoring.
He is also the one who identifies gaps between required and current supplier capabilities, drive quality improvement plan/risk migration accordingly. He ensures that suppliers meet Quality Agreements and monitor the effectiveness of product quality control plans with suppliers throughout the product life cycle.
Finally, the LED Lens development engineer ensures compliance of supplier to Safety regulation, Quality and ROHS/REACH standards on quality management process and product level.
The main responsibilities include:
- Apply previous experience and technical know-how in understanding production issues to recommend the best course of action.
- Provide feedback on tooling and part design.
- Conduct daily interaction and support with the Production Team to clear roadblocks and help find creative and logical solutions.
- Diagnose and determine appropriate corrective action for problems with condition of equipment, molds and processes.
- Understand and partner with suppliers on tooling inclusive of test tooling on allotted machines plus lines.
- Work collaboratively with the strategic partners to provide preventative support and repairs to the Fitments department on time and effectually consider life-cycle costs.
- Ensure to pay careful attention to the entire production floor bottleneck.
- Support with scheduling, interact with vendors and various daily functions.
The Successful Applicant
- Technical Background
- Strong experience in electrical module development or manufacturing process
- Business Level English and fluent Japanese
What's on Offer
- Global atmosphere with flat organization
- Good work life balance
- Many employees are from mid-career recruitment