Immediate start, only conversational Japanese is required
Top tier investment company, develop from scratch
Our client is a top tier investment management company with established business in Japan.
The current systems are in VB.net and new systems will be in Java. Looking for good Java developers to join the new projects!
- Build and maintain new and existing applications
- Enhancement for existing application leveraging VB.net and Microsoft SQL
- Align with business users in Operations division in assessing business needs and transforming them into scalable applications
- Help build powerful UI leveraging common JS frameworks (Angular, React) leveraging our internal Application Development Framework
- Design and support effective storage and retrieval of very large internal and external data set and be forward think about the convergence strategy with our AWS cloud migration
- Assess the impact of scaling up and scaling out and ensure sustained data management and data delivery performance.
- Build interfaces for supporting evolving and new applications and accommodating new data sources and types of data
- 4+ years of experience in building out core financial systems in Core Java and/or Python.
- Working experience with Microsoft SQL server
- In depth knowledge of OOJS and Vanilla concepts.
- Working experience in Agile methodology
- Cloud experience (AWS/Spark/Scala/EC2/RedShift) will be added advantage
- Direct experience supporting back and middle office end-users (Operations, Reporting), with sound understanding of back-office operations within Fixed Income.
- Knowledge of Jira, Confluence, SAFe development methodology & DevOps.
- Experience with leveraging microservices and API
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternatives both independently and within teams.
- Proven ability to work quickly in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science or a related field.
- Immediately start position
- Report to head of IT directly