Leading international company providing a dynamic environment
Competitive salary, possibility to become permanent
About Our Client
Our client is a leading international insurance organisation serving commercial, institutional, and individual customers in more than 130 countries and jurisdictions through one of the most extensive worldwide property-casualty networks of any insurer.
The candidate will:
* Code, test, debug, implement and document Java based programs.
* Gather information from the system, analyse program and time requirements, and prepare documentation to change existing programs
* Design programs for projects or enhancements to existing systems under the solution architect supervision
* Perform impact analysis of changes to existing programs
* Write specifications for programs
* Assist in resolving production support problems through alternative approaches.
* Develop test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs.
* Create appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
* Conduct quality assurance activities such as peer review.
The Successful Applicant
* Good understanding of SDLC and experience in all the phases of SDLC
* Good understanding of critical insurance processes or willing to learn insurance operations and business processes
* Experience on development of Dojo, widgets and other internet technologies. Knowledge of Java Script DOM and Dojo.
* Years of experience with hands-on development of Java/JEE based applications.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, to work effectively with team members, support personnel and users
* Ability to create detailed design documents based on requirements.
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field.
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to engage with a leading, international, dynamic company which values pro-activeness, problem solving and alternative thinking. Our Client is strongly investing in its IT team and is willing to develop the careers of its developers, offering them strong training opportunities and the possibility to become permanent after one year.