- Earn Competitively
- Conversational Japanese, OK!
About Our Client
Be part of a passionate and highly collaborative team where you will have the opportunity to design and architect distributed cloud native applications and microservices using cutting edge tools and technologies. Our client is offering the unique opportunity to develop software and applications that directly impact the lives of people and make a difference in the FinTech and wider world whilst helping democratize financial services on a global scale.
The developer will:
- Work with users to refine requirements, design and develop high-quality and scalable systems, and assist users during the QA/UAT process
- Revamp existing application stack and migrate to Microservices using containers
- Develop new Microservices: API integration, Development using Java, J2EE, Spring
- Write and understand complex SQL queries PostgreSQL and MySQL statements
- Help on developing performance testing, capacity testing, and regression testing in continuous integration environments
- Help drive code reviews and contribute key cross-functional architecture decisions
- Enjoy building beautiful software
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field (or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of Experience in software development in Java (latest Java releases, Spring)
- Experience in architecting, developing, or maintaining production-grade solutions in cloud services environments such as Amazon Web Service (AWS) and/or Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the desire to innovate new solutions.
- At least business level communication in English.
- Ability to comprehend and understand both verbal and written Japanese to a conversational level.
- Experience in Finance and FX markets would be advantageous.
- Experience with Golang would be advantageous.
- Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment tooling (such as Jenkins, Travis CI)
- Experience with cloud platforms, containers and container orchestration platforms (such as AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with service-oriented architectures or microservices and managing a highly-available, highly-scalable, and highly-secure system architecture
- Experience with scalable networking technologies (such as Load Balancers, Firewalls, Content Delivery Networks), Web standards (such as REST APIs, Web security mechanisms) and security practices (such as encryption, certificates, secrets/key management)
- Hands on experience supporting database systems (such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra)
- Understanding of open source server software (such as Apache, NGINX, RabbitMQ, Redis, Elasticsearch
- Experience in scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc.) and scheduling tools
What's on Offer
- An opportunity to learn new technologies and work in tech contemporary styles
- Clear responsibilities and work requirements designed for you to excel and be rewarded
- Work-life balance