IT Governance & Strategy Specialist
Great working environment for creative technologists
Central Tokyo location
About Our Client
Our client for this position is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, warranty, diagnostics and repair services for mobile phones. It is a US-headquartered firm which has been operating in Japan for many years, now providing their services and technology to millions of end customers here. The Tokyo office works closely with teams in other Asia-Pacific locations as well as with their California head office, with many global projects and initiatives to help launch new products coming up. It is a collaborative and "techy" working environment, where creativity and coming up with new ideas is actively encouraged.
- Assist strategic programs management, which are key drivers to the success of regional services. Such as organizational change management programs, functional maturity transformations
- Assist communications and events strategies and executions
- Assist research and advisory services across technology disciplines
- Assist operating model integrations for Strategic products and services within technology streams
- Support to implement COBIT based IT Governance/Management framework into the company Japan IT to ensure IT enables/deliver Business strategy. Especially, owning a process of EDM00X, APO001, APO002, APO007, DSS06 and MEA0X. Also running a process after implementation.
- Prepare KPI based IT management report to our internal customer to ensure transparency of IT for getting consensus on IT activities.
- Assist Manager of CIO Office to facilitate IT Governance body, like IT Steering Committee.
- Assist Manager of CIO Office to drive talent/people management, nurture and develop leaders with customer centric business culture.
- Be custodian of IT policy and process to ensure each IT department has proper process and control
- Assist IT PDCA cycle to keep maturity level increasing by own.
- Collaborate with global counter party to ensure Japan IT strategy aligns with the company Global strategy.
- Support internal control among IT
- Assist cross organization delivery programs
- Assist quality management on overall IT activity, not only limiting application services quality, but also overall IT deliverables, such as communication materials, project quality, reports and so on.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong project management experience on technology related projects and services
- Relevant experiences in a consulting company
- Business level English and Japanese
- International experience within global organization
- Consultation experience for global IT organization
- Knowledge of COBIT, ITIL and PMP
- Strong collaboration, negotiation, and influencing skills cross-functionally, cross country and region, and throughout multiple organization levels
- Ability to multitask and manage high volumes of activity & demonstrate measurable results with flexibility
- Project management skills with the ability to manage many projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated aptitude towards high standards for quality and performance
- Hands-on approach, focused on continuous and incremental improvement
- * Strong stakeholder management and communication management based on clear messaging and documentation skill by utilizing Microsoft power point
What's on Offer
- Great working environment for creative technologists
- Chance to get involved with cutting edge technologies e.g. AI, machine learning, 'Big Data'
- Excellent career progression possibilities