Internal Audit Manager at Multimedia Shopping Company
Strong stable business and international work environment
Opportunity to work and report directly to the headquarter
Our Client is top multimedia shopping company in terms of viewers & revenue, and ranks among the highest online merchandise retailers. They have a more than $10B USD business globally and Japan accounts for over 10% of their global revenue and is the top market for APAC.
Some of the benefits of the organisation include Flex time (core hours: 11:00 - 15:00), diverse mix of expats, Japanese locals and foreign local hires creating a very international environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing operational, compliance, forensic and financial audits in accordance with the Institute of Internal Auditors Standards, the annual audit plan and within budgeted hours. This will include the preparation of reports, data analytics and other written communications in a clear and concise fashion. Additionally, this position will work with process owners to ensure the quality of management's responses, including advising on potential solutions. The role will manage audits primarily supporting the Japan business, however will be a subject matter expert to the broader IA team.
- Managing Japan internal audit reporting to executive management and Company Board. Responsible for designing and preparing quarterly reports communicating key issues and themes across Japan operation and providing transparency over progress toward audit plan and initiative completion.
- Managing and works with Business Process Owners to validate documentation (i.e. methodology, controls, etc.), for compliance efforts such as SOX, COSO Integration, etc. This position will coordinate with external service providers on timing, strategy and building relationships with the business to deliver successful SOX testing.
- Overseeing and providing guidance to Business Process management team relating to business process re-engineering to ensure adequate internal controls are considered during the process design phase
- Will assemble a team of at least 1 subordinate and consistently deliver proper technical and career coaching that allows for growth and movement within the company.
The company is looking for a candidates that meets the following requirements:
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant) and/or CIA a plus.
- 8-10+ years of experience required
- Advanced knowledge of US GAAP, COSO, COBIT, SOX compliance requirements and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- Demonstrated leadership ability to drive Risk and Control strategy
The company offers the following benefits:
- Strong stable business and international work environment
- Global network
- Career development and rotation opportunities
- The career path would be Senior Internal Audit Manager, or the opportunity to move other teams (Finance & Accounting or Compliance) as the company has an excellent internal rotation program for all employees
- Excellent work-life balance with flex-time options