Insights and Planning Manager - Global FMCG company
Strong skill development focus with a good balance of structured training
Opportunity to closely work with local, regional and global teams
My client is one of the biggest global food companies in the world. They are famous for their innovative packaging and health foods. With over 100 people in the Japan office, they are expanding the marketing team.
Delivering the insights & planning agenda
1. Help develop the medium to long term strategies to achieve business goals:
2. Driving the Innovation Strategy through unearthing of sharp, distinctive insights about the market, consumers/shoppers and customers and working with internal and external partners to help create and qualify new product/ commercial ideas
3. Deliver spend optimisation insights
4. Continuously track and monitor the business to find opportunities for growth. Participate as an active member of the Brand Planning Process, ensuring all relevant learning's and continuous data are utilised to produce sound Category and Brand action plans.
5. Strategic Vendor Management ( managing vendor partners in line with regional and global guidelines)
6. Helping build capabilities within the Insights & Planning teams in Asia
- Technical Knowledge
- Consumer Insight
- Shopper/Customer Insight
- Category & Brand Dynamics
- Communication Development & Evaluation
- Promotion Planning
- Innovation Development & In-market Evaluation
- Partner Management
- Fluent English and Japanese
Strong skill development focus with a good balance of structured training and hands on learning as well as personalised mentorship programmes.
Versatile role that gives exposure to a very wide variety of sales, marketing and research areas ( right from mix modelling to copy development & testing to shopper and trade work)
Opportunity to closely work with local, regional and global teams and understand best practices from diverse stakeholders and markets.
Opportunity to work with senior leaders ( influence them on business decisions as well as learn from them)
Work across a portfolio of brands & categories with very different business models.