Indonesia Manufacturing Manager - Printing and Carton Packaging
End-to-end integrated supply chain process
Connections to major corporations in Indonesia
About Our Client
Our client is an Indonesian firm with a strong vision to become the nation's fastest growing printing and carton packaging firm with growth focus to diversify across the entire process value chain. Our client is equipped with best-in-class technology (offset presses & various automated finishing machines) to deliver quality products and services for their customers, which ensures a thorough and positive experience throughout the end-to-end supply chain process.
Our client is looking for a Country Manufacturing Manager to be located at their Cikarang Plant. This role will directly report to the company's President Director and oversees all manufacturing divisions and their respective managers.
- Responsible in the operational process of daily production, including formulation of implementation plans, technical settings of equipment, targets, and KPIs
- In-depth technical understanding of offset printing presses and various finishing machines such as but not limited to die-cut, spot-UV, inspecting, and folder-gluer machines.
- Ensure maintenance of machines and that each production run is executed optimally with regards to efficiency
- Responsible for the implementation of production SOPs in production and develop decision-making capabilities for his subordinates
- Responsible to ensure that the production parameters assumed in the formulation of a quotation to the customer is met during actual production runs to prevent overruns in costs
- Responsible to oversee the product development process for new orders (pre-press) and the entire production process: planning of raw-material readiness, production queues, delivery schedules, and inventory control
- Responsible for the calculation of stock needs and inventory management (Raw Material, Work-in-Process, and Finished Good stocks) to uphold the spirit of on-time delivery and just-in-time stocks
- Managing and evaluating the costs associated with a production run, continually optimizing the cost structure and budget control through continuous-improvement and other efficiency measures
- Responsible for manpower planning for various job-loads; compile and allocate human resources effectively and efficiently
- Responsible in conducting performance evaluation of production employees; create, manage, train, and assess the development of production personnel on the plant
- Responsible for inventory management and control of raw-material usage to prevent overruns in costs and continual inventory checks and reconciliations
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of each production process and compile a report to be presented to the President Director
- Experienced in Kaizen and continuous improvement to optimize efficiency in production, material flow, human resource allocation, and inventory planning
- Reviewing ongoing SOPs and making amendments and corrections as deemed necessary to optimize work-flows and cost-structure
- Conduct monitoring process to ensure that there is no discrepancy between SOP and field practice
- Hard-working, constructive, communicative, and equipped with a problem-solving mind-set
- Strong and positive internal communication skills across all levels in the company and good people-skills for external facing interactions with customers and vendors
- Responsible to address customer complaints related to their respective orders and develop control systems to prevent such an occurrence from happening again
- Understand recycling systems and waste management to develop into a potential profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
- Understand global procurement process to optimize cost structure and potentially develop a trading business unit as a profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
- Beneficial to have deep-relationships with global customers to introduce export opportunity for Company
- Understanding of logistics and warehousing systems to ensure inventory control and to potentially develop as a profit centre for further growth strategy in the future
The Successful Applicant
- US Citizen, Australian, Japanese, and Indonesian nationalities are welcome.
- Mature, tough, dynamic, and good integrity with a strong sense of leadership to expand and grow a firm
- Bachelor Degree in any Engineering discipline. Industrial engineering preferred
- Minimum with 20 years of progressive and relevant experience within the paper packaging manufacturing industry. Preferable in carton packaging.
- Minimum 5 years in senior management/consulting role.
- Prior working experience within an MNC environment with end-to-end packaging value chain knowledge
- Possess good business acumen, with good organisational, and planning skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and able to engage all level of staff
- Good English communication (both verbal and written)
- Deep knowledge in ISO 9001:2008 and HACCP
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefit package in Indonesia
- Ability in being flexible in exerting E2E industry knowledge throughout the organization
- Positive and constructive organizational management team