Indirect Purchasing Manager
Stable company with career growth opportunities
Good work life balance (Full Flex Time)
Our client is one of the largest companies in the consumer industry. Their products can easily be found in supermarkets, convenience stores & specialty stores. The company has a strong, established presence in Japan and throughout the region.
- Drive sourcing, negotiating and contracting activities across areas of responsibility.
- Drive procurement strategy and policy in key spend areas.
- Influence strategic sourcing and procurement decisions.
- Effectively work with functional and business groups as a trusted advisor to determine desired product/service specifications and projected demand when making recommended action plans.
- Liaison with Business controllers to ensure accurate forecasting and budgeting.
- Execute process excellence in local and global procurement systems and platforms to deliver, efficiencies, automation, controls.
- Operate in tandem with Global Procurement in Procurement development, adoption of global ways of working in terms of systems and tools, and ways of working.
- Implement all procurement policies and procedures in conjunction with function leaders.
- Bachelor's Degree (BA, BS) or equivalent in Business / Supply Chain or related field
- Over 5 years of hands on Indirect Procurement experience.
- Proven success in achieving savings goals
- Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project and Outlook; and database management
- Proficient in SAP or other ERP systems
- Knowledge and experience in Supply Chain and manufacturing processes.
- Fluency in English and Japanese
- Competitive salary
- Social Insurance, Transportation allowance
- Bonus / Incentives paid twice a year base on individual performance
- Good work life balance - (9:00 - 18:00) (10-20 HRS OT per month)