Import & Export Manager
Great opportunity at one of the world's largest Biotech companies
Clear career path and opportunitiy for progression
Our client is one of the world's largest Biotechnology companies, employing over 50,000 people worldwide. They invest in their employees and look to develop them professionally. You will have the opportunity to develop and grow your skills as you advance your career in the organisation.
- Evaluate and manage performance of service providers (including customs brokers and freight forwarders)
- Implement new procedures to take ownership of trade compliance - e.g. ensuring proper classification of goods using correct HTS codes
- Ensure compliance with international trade laws and regulations
- Ensure documentation of processes and streamline where possible
- Drive continuous improvement activities to eliminate waste and improve costs and performance
- 10+ years' experience in Logistics, Transportation, Consulting, Import/Export, or any related fields
- University degree in Business, Management, Supply Chain Management, Law, or other related areas of study
- 5+ years managing and leading teams
- Desire to drive improvements, take on challenges, and not afraid to challenge status quo
- Commitment to deadlines and able to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Business level English for both speaking and writing and native level Japanese for speaking and writing
- Experience with ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle
- Ability to work cross functionally and independently is a plus, excellent communicator.
- Licensed customs broker preferred.
- Thorough understanding of Japanese import and exports rules, regulations, and practices.
- Competitive salary of up to 12M JPY
- Great career growth opportunities and personal development