Human Resources Manager - American multinational
Competitive compensation and extensive benefits
Created nearly 100 years ago, this American multinational organisation specialises in manufacturing general building materials that are used all over the world in places experiencing economic development. Their main products are related to building materials and solutions. There are 20,000 employees around the world in this organisation renowned for flexibility around work style and stability.
- Analyzes wage and salary reports and data to determine competitive compensation plan.
- Writes directives advising department managers of Company policy regarding equal employment opportunities, compensation, and employee benefits.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state law.
- Develops and maintains a human resources system that meets top management information needs.
- Oversees the analysis, maintenance, and communication of records required by law or local governing bodies, or other departments in the organisation.
- Oversees the administration of HRIS.
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance. Studies legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Writes and delivers presentations to corporate officers or government officials regarding human resources policies and practices.
- Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward Company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates management training in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organisation. Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organisation.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, and dental insurance,pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
- Conducts wage surveys within labour market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Prepares budget of human resources operations.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
- Prepares reports and recommends procedures to reduce absenteeism and turnover.
- Must be well-organised and have excellent time-management skills.
- Be a successful negotiator and influencer.
- Analyse information quickly with good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communicator to all levels of management in the company.
- Be good at keeping the peace and manage conflict in the company.
- Real listening skills and respect for keeping information private.
- Experience across multiple HR functions.
- work life balance
- Flexibility around work style
- Competitive salary
- Extensive benefits
- Industry-leading organisation
- Career progression