HRBP - Global Consulting Firm
Opportunity to further develop HR career in a top professional services firm
Renowned multinational firm
The client is a multinational professional services firm with over 200,000 employees worldwide. They have over 150 years of history, and a rapidly growing presence in Japan with over 5,000 professionals. They specialise in accounting, tax, legal and consulting services. They are considered one of the Big 4, one of the four biggest firms of its kind in the world.
- Act as an integral part of the client management team by developing effective and influencing working relationships and delivery of their people plans in support of the achievement of the business area and HR strategies.
- Identify short, medium and long term resourcing issues. Work with Talent Acquisition team to ensure the hiring meets the manpower plan. Co-ordinate with the resource planning team about workforce supply and demand and challenge clients on new roles, replacement and recruitment and retention strategies.
- Working in partnership with partners and managers and equip them with appropriate tools, knowledge and professional advice to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans e.g. performance management, career management, talent management and succession planning as well as the employee relations issues.
- Embed a performance management culture within the business area as a means of driving business improvement by ensuring clear objectives, feedback and the improvement of customer service through behaviours aligned with our values.
- Develop and maintain appropriate and effective communication with staff and service users on all matters relating to the service and all legislation and regulations which apply to it.
- Lead, train, motivate, develop and empower team members in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Provide support on the research, design and development of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy, using expert knowledge of the client area. Facilitate the creation of an implementation and communication plan into the local business area that achieves the agreed deliverable
- To contribute to the development of the wider HR strategy and work closely in partnership with HR lead and HR practitioners, ensure cohesive and coordinated appropriate HR services are enacted to deliver change outcomes across the firm.
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources or related field, Master degree preferable
- Minimum of 5-7 years in substantial HR experience (operational and strategic)
- Good command in English and Japanese
- The company places strong emphasis on respecting and encouraging diversity among their people. Thereby fostering an environment that is ideal for individual professional development.
- The office is located in central Tokyo for easy commute.
- Besides a competitive basic salary plus a healthy commission structure that based on individual performance, you will be presented with vast opportunities for progression into other departments depending on your career aspirations.