Head of Tax
Responsible for the all tax matters for Japan Entity
International working environment
My client is leading IT company and is looking for great potential talent to join the team.
- Prepare and review with external tax advisor the Japan tax filings, including corporate income tax, consumption tax, and withholding tax. Ensures compliance with statutory tax laws, which includes timely filing of tax returns and other statutory filing requirements in Japan (e.g. transfer pricing report filing, and CbCr notification).
- Manage the quarterly and yearly tax closing and reporting process under ASC 740 US tax reporting. This includes FIN 18 income tax provision calculations, identifying Japan and US GAAP differences, FIN48 analysis to identify any potential income tax risk exposure; and ASC 740 reconciliation (return to provision).
- Manage and defend both income tax and indirect tax audits in Japan. This includes liaising with tax officers, external tax adviser and Tax Reporting team on the tax accounting consequences of tax audit positions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations for income and indirect tax accounts for the DXC Japan entities, ensuring legal entity tax basis balance sheets properly reflect all tax accounts and resolve any income tax accounting issues.
- Review proposals and legal documents and advise local or regional business leaders on tax implications; recommend actions that meet business plans and manage tax liability
- University degree or equivalent in Accountancy/Business/Finance.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience in Japan corporate income and indirect tax compliance and tax accounting in medium to Big 4 accounting firms and/or commercial industry. Experience with US MNC will an advantage.
- Strong planning and organisational skills to prioritise work and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Regional exposure into Asia-Pacific markets
- International firm