Head of Research & Development (Bio-Based Products)
86万円 - 104万円 月給 (1041万円 - 1249万円)
Critical senior leadership role
Leading agricultural giants
Our client is a leading agri-business with a global footprint.
- Monitor and analyse latest innovation across the industry - scientific advances and emerging technologies, regulatory developments, public perception, health and other societal trends.
- Working with cross functional teams across Asia in support of various projects of crop development and application
- Propose, develop and formulate research strategy to further expand the organisation's portfolio
- Responsible for the implementation of unique and innovative technology solutions designed to improve research design and operations success through use of new tools and methodologies
- Work in tandem with Technical Managers, Product Development, and Commercial Sales & Marketing teams for all product commercialisation activities
- Provide recommendation related to agronomy best practices, including fertiliser deficiency, pest and disease problems.
- Develop strong working relationships with both Public and Private Research partners
- PhD. in Life Sciences, Biochemistry, Genetic Engineering, Biotechnology or equivalent
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience working in both research institutions and corporate setting
- Knowledge and experience with bio-based products (biofuel, bioplastics/packaging, adhesives, construction materials/composites, fibres/paper, biocosmetics, biopharmaceutical, yeast derivatives, bionutrition, biochemicals)
- History of leveraging knowledge in a research environment to drive commercial activities and innovation
- Adequate knowledge of organisational effectiveness, operations management, budget development (including ability to attract R&D funding)
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, ability to communicate a compelling vision and drive results while developing a strong team
- A demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally within the Group
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast paced, results-oriented environment under minimal supervision
- Excellent and competitive package (including fringe benefits), depending on experience
- Enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and established organisation as part of the senior leadership group