Head of Human Resources - FMCG
Chance to work closely with the business
Competitive compensation and extensive benefits
What started in Europe has now grown into a thriving and expanding organisation with nearly 700 locations in over 20 countries globally. Their business involves distribution and sales of FMCG which directly support and impact various industries including hospitality, travel and services. There are around 1200 employees in Japan and this role will support an HR team of around 10 members. I am working on this role exclusively so if you would like to hear more details on the opportunity, feel free to contact me by email or phone.
- Work with the MD to facilitate leadership capability development and effective performance management across the business.
- Provide support to develop local line managers in all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Ensuring the business can operated effectively and efficiently through the provision of timely and effective recruitment solutions.
- Build & develop professional HR function and service across the region.
- Provide Management Information and KPI on key HR metrics ensuring ongoing focus and commitment to delivering incremental value to the business.
- Work collaboratively with the Asia Pacific HR team and wider global HR community to embed HR initiatives and global 'best practice' into local businesses.
- Ensure that reward practices and procedures are fit for purpose, supportive of business goals, and in line with requirements of the company's overall reward policy and practices. Work with the APAC Reward lead to propose changes, supported by detailed analysis's and best practise research.
- Manage the annual pay review and bonus process locally within global reward time lines.
- Provide advice and guidance on leadership development needs and gaps. Creating a Japan people development plan, liaising with external and internal providers to arrange delivery of identified learning and development requirements.
- Work with the Regional People Development Lead to coordinate and deliver Line Management Essentials programme for all new managers, considering opportunities to improve the content and desired outcomes.
- Provide sound ER advice and guidance to all levels of management, ensuring that employment legislation is not contravened, and good HR practice is followed.
- Ensure that all essential manual and electronic records for employees are properly maintained by local HR support.
- Complete regional HR projects as required.
- Educated to degree level with an internationally recognised university
- Proven extensive experience as a trusted HR Business Partner in commercial international business environment essential
- Commercially and culturally astute, focused on adding value with the ability to influence & persuade leaders
- Active involvement & experience of influencing organisational development and a business change agenda essential
- Experience of facilitating and delivering line manager development sessions essential
- Proven experience of building a high performing team advantageous
- Experience in dealing with internal labour union advantageous
- Fluent in Japanese and at least advanced level in English (written, spoken and reading)
- Excellence communicator who is confident, capable and credible
- Ability to multi-task and remain calm whilst managing numerous priorities
- Operates with a sense of urgency, self-motivated and resilient under pressure, with pragmatic adaptability
- Team player with positive 'can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure and sometimes to tight deadlines
- Consultative in approach with the ability to build lasting relationships with business leaders and managers
- Experience of achieving results in a global matrix organisation preferred
- Proven experience of influencing senior managers across all business functions
- Ability to work as a partner with Country leadership teams
- Excellent prioritisation & organisation skills
- Computer & HR systems literate
- Career development
- People management
- Competitive compensation
- Extensive benefits
- Chance to work closely with the business
- Convenient office location
- Flexibility around work style
- Work-life balance