Head of HR
Head of HR - Global firm
International work culture
About Our Client
The client is a global financial organization specializing in asset management and wealth solutions, insurance and financial advice. The client has branches located across the Globe, and the Japan office has an international work environment providing all staff exposure into the client's worldwide operations.
1. Strategic partner to the leaders, to ensure the effective use of business/organizational resources, acting as advisor / broker, proposing suite of solutions to support the business grow and meet the HR needs of the business units.
2. Assess the HR implications of strategic options based on the understanding of designated business units and the business units drivers and strategies, develop and deliver well integrated people strategies within the business units,
3. Partner with the leadership team to drive a high performing culture in an integrated wealth & asset management structure by promoting leadership skills and performance management, improving staff engagement levels.
4. Influence business leaders to create an ethical business conduct and prudent risk management, ensure full compliance with local regulations. Drive change of the new culture and leadership behaviors to improve overall engagement and managers' effectiveness.
5. Develop a close and effective working relationship with the Regional & Group function HR business partners to support the need of designed client groups and best practice sharing across geographies & functions
6. Partner with different stakeholders to continuously improve HR policies and procedure in order to improve employees' experience and mitigate risk.
7. Provide / broker CoEs and Shared Services expertise and a broad suite of HR services and specifically identify the best solution to meet the business' needs
8. Ensure strong customer relationship satisfaction levels as a result of providing high value deliverables to the business.
9. Support CoE's and Shared Services in delivering their accountability whenever necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years progressively responsible experience in a HR generalist role and/or a broad range of specialized HR disciplines (i.e., Compensation, Recruiting and Employee Relations).
- Experience in the financial services industry required.
- Post-secondary education; an emphasis on HR management preferred.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Good conceptual skills with the ability to understand business directions and develop strategic HR plans to meet client needs.
- The ability to anticipate change and exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing issues in a dynamic environment.
- Proven consulting skills with the ability to diagnose client needs.
- Good project management and organizational skills.
- Good understanding of the changing HR environment, best practices and emerging trends.
- Ability to manage competing demands and prioritize initiatives in an ambiguous environment.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HR legislation and practices and the ability to apply this knowledge.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Excellent influence and conflict management skills with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships, and achieve results through others.
What's on Offer
The position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to:
- Work in a globally reputed financial organization.
- An international work culture with plenty of English Language usage.
- An attractive salary package on offer.