Head of Financial Operations & Accounting
Key leadership role with an opportunity to define innovative strategy for Japan
Further career growth, global training and rotation opportunities available
Founded in the 19th century, our client is a Fortune 500 company, and one of the world's largest drug manufacturers operating in over 120 countries. The company follows a vision to change patients' expectations - to provide a new sense of hope for people suffering from some of the world's most debilitating diseases, and has diversified portfolio, ranging from offering products in oncology, neuroscience, diabetes, autoimmune and neurodegeneration areas.
The company has an enviable track record of growth, in 2016 generated over $20 billion worldwide, and Japan accounts for 13% of the global revenue and is very optimistic about the opportunities ahead.
- Take on an active role of a change agent, review current operational standards and proactively pursue the improvement in quality/productivity of the team
- Responsible for overall financial/accounting operations including general accounting, fixed asset management, treasury, tax planning and strategy, and financial control/risk management
- Preparation of accurate financial information / statements including monthly/quarterly/annual basis on US/Japanese GAAP basis
- Monitor/support taxation and SOX requirements incl. handling tax audit/examination
- Demonstrated experience as department / senior manager, having led a large team
- Extensive accounting knowledge of US/J GAAP in financial operations including management of financial systems/budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation, treasury, internal controls
- Experience in change management and process improvement, and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Proven track record in managing people; ability to lead, manage, coach and develop individuals/ teams
- Ability to communicate fluently in both Japanese and English
- Accounting degree or equivalent, CPA
Further Career Progression Opportunities:
Success in this position could lead to further leadership assignments such as assignments in global operations and regional roles in Asia.
Participate in Global Training Programs:
The company will provide a world-wide training network to support the individual to build an effective global network.