Graphic Designer (startup company)
A young, energetic and international startup
Located in central Tokyo
About Our Client
An international startup company based in Hong Kong that has started a revolutionary type of smartphone and online services aimed at large hotel chains. They are a young and very energetic company with huge growth expectations in the near future, with about 200 million dollars invested in their business. They are currently opening up their business in Japan and are looking for a team to expand into the market here and be the first company of its type to make a large impact on the hotel industry.
- Candidate has to be responsible to prepare output-ready artwork files both for digital and print spaces.
- Be able to independently handle designs for marketing, advertising and hospitality clients.
- Graphic design of marketing materials, such as catalogue, leaflet, poster, web banner and printing production
- Design and develop compelling concepts and design work, both online and offline
- Translate concepts into visual designs, with high attention to detail that illustrate functionality, smart thinking and simplicity
- Develop and maintain a consistent brand image, identity and guidelines across divisions ensure branding is consistently upheld through all media (fonts, overall styles, etc)
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders at all levels of the company to ensure that the look and feel of the brand is consistent across all communication channels and products
- Solid graphic design experience backed by an impressive portfolio demonstrable expertise in overall design
The Successful Applicant
- Graphic Designer, with 2+ years relevant experience
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite (especially Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat Pro.) - Additionally, experience in Powerpoint and Sketch is preferable
- Experience in preparing print-ready files and working with print and packaging vendors
- Experience in mobile UX/UI and app design is an advantage
- Working knowledge of social media marketing, online advertising, navigation and web optimized products.
- Strong creative sense, self-motivated, responsible, mature and detail-minded
- Keeps a positive attitude and able to troubleshoot situations and deal with any unique situations that may arise
- Proficient communication skills in English and Japanese
- Ability to work on several projects at once under tight deadlines, with strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent typography and layout skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills are essential for this role
What's on Offer
- A young, energetic and international startup
- International working environment
- Potential stock options
- One-of-a-kind business model
- Located in central Tokyo