General Manager opportunity for a highly successful international brand
About Our Client
Overseas headquartered Shoe & fashion company.
- Full P&L responsibility, drive the Company's strategy to manage and grow the business and image in the market.
- Must formulate and implement a strategy for Japan that will enable the Company to achieve its target by expanding its retail and wholesale activities.
- Formulate and implement the retail strategy including channel selection, site location, new store development, maintenance, and staffing activities
- Build and develop a team which is full of passion and energy, creative, professional and efficient.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the internal team, global colleagues, key external partners, and customers through strong interpersonal skills and a hands-on, market-oriented approach.
- Manage the sales growth, operations, and customer development for each store and wholesale channel through direct reports.
- Inspire people to pursue a common vision
The Successful Applicant
- Minimum 10 years of work experience in footwear, apparel/fashion, accessories products or food/consumer services industry with retail operations, and recent business unit or general management experience with full P&L responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to analyse quantitative and qualitative data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Deep understanding of and experience with the Japan market with global perspective - understand the marketplace as well as the consumer and how to successfully conduct business and build relationships
- Sound financial and business acumen
- Results oriented, highly motivated, hands-on leader who recognises the value in moving quickly to affect positive change and contribution
What's on Offer
- Outstanding brand
- High performing business both in japan and around the world