Excellent Work-Life Balance & WFH flexibility
Competitive Salary & Stable Work
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo.
Your role will include but not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Build, evolve and maintain a web-based UI for report creation, and report distribution via e-mail, PDF, Text and HTML5 formats.
- Day to day support to the system's users
- Participate in the full software development life cycle.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support whenever required
- Experienced in developing user-friendly, multi-lingual (English & Japanese) applications.
- Experience with creating backend REST services that query databases and provide data to downstream systems
- Knowledge of build, test and deployment automation tools.
- Relational database and SQL scripting skills: Querying, Debugging, Optimization.
- Familiarity with GitLab version control.
- Experience of working with documentation and ticketing systems: Confluence & JIRA.
- Understanding of the issues around creating, deploying, and supporting a client side application in production - Authentication, server connectivity, basic networking, logging, etc.
- Mandatory Japanese & English reading, writing and speaking ability.
- Ability to think clearly and express ideas in coherent, concise code, emails, and documentation. Effective communication skills a must.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Self-starter who is action and result oriented.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms in Japan and globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 9M/year
- Work from home capability
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and utilize/advance your bi-lingual skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company