Global working environment
Competitive salary & no OT
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo.
You role will include the following key responsibilities:
- Build, evolve and maintain a web-based UI that the users access in order to create, publish reports. The reports are uploaded to a publishing system, and distributed in e-mail, PDF, Text and HTML5 formats
- Day to day support for the system users.
- Contribute innovative ideas to solve complex business problems, and provide the capability to build solutions that are innovative, responsive and reliable.
- Incorporate methodologies to ensure that the system is fully fault-tolerant, resilient and consistent across geographic locations
- Ensure high coding standards through systematic code reviews with your team.
- Participate in the full software development life cycle.
- Provide level 2 and 3 support whenever required.
If you meet most of the following criteria, you are most probably a strong candidate for this role:
- Bilingual Skill in Japanese and English
- Experienced in developing user-friendly, multi-lingual (English & Japanese) applications.
- Experience with creating backend REST services that query databases and provide data to downstream systems
- Knowledge of build, test and deployment automation tools.
- Relational database and SQL scripting skills: Querying, Debugging, Optimization.
- Familiarity with GitLab version control.
- Experience of working with documentation and ticketing systems: Confluence & JIRA.
- Understanding of the issues around creating, deploying, and supporting a client side application in production - Authentication, server connectivity, basic networking, logging, etc.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 9M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and utilize/advance your bi-lingual skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company