First Local Legal Counsel at a Growing Wind Energy Company
Role reporting into APAC in Australia at a European Company
Stand-alone head of legal position
The client is a rapidly growing wind energy business that doubled headcount in the past 2 years here in Japan.
- Offer counsel on a variety of commercial issues for the Japan Sales BU and the company's operations in the Asia Pacific
- Review tender proposals; negotiate and draft contracts including EPC and asset management agreements
- Implement a local compliance program in conjunction with regional counterparts
- Advise on disputes and other general legal matters
- Ability to negotiate and draft complex contracts in Japanese and English
- Relevant working experience in energy, engineering, construction, and/or project finance
- Admission to a recognised bar preferred
For law firm lawyers:
This is the opportunity to make a smooth transition into an in-house role that offers work-life balance, and start out your in-house career as the functional head of legal. This individual will have the support of a team of lawyers with similar experience in Australia and throughout the APAC region if necessary.
For in-house lawyers:
This is the opportunity to join a growing business while gaining experience in a new sector. As the first and sole legal counsel for Japan, this individual will be exposed to all aspects of the business, and be responsible for implementing a solid legal and compliance framework for the continued success of the business.