First Local Legal Counsel at a Growing Renewable Energy Company
Role reporting into APAC in Regional Counsel
Stand-alone head of legal position
The client is a rapidly growing renewable energy business that doubled headcount in the past 2 years here in Japan.
- Offer counsel on a variety of commercial issues for the Japan Sales BU and the company's operations in the Asia Pacific
- Review tender proposals; negotiate and draft contracts including EPC and asset management agreements
- Implement a local compliance program in conjunction with regional counterparts
- Advise on disputes and other general legal matters
- Ability to negotiate and draft complex contracts in Japanese and English
- Admission to a recognised bar with law firm experience
- Relevant work experience in M&A, project finance, real estate, energy, engineering, or construction
For law firm lawyers:
This is the opportunity to make a smooth transition into an in-house role that offers work-life balance, and start out your in-house career as the functional head of legal. This individual will have the support of a team of lawyers with similar experience throughout the APAC region.
For in-house lawyers:
This is the opportunity to join a growing business while gaining experience in a new sector. As the first and sole legal counsel for Japan, this individual will be exposed to all aspects of the business, and be responsible for implementing a solid legal and compliance framework for the continued success of the business.