Financial Controller - Major Financial Services firm
Chance to be the Financial Controller for the Japanese market
Report directly to the APAC-CFO overseas and communicate with European HQ
This Financial Services company is originally from Europe and is the global market leader within its respective industry. Because of the great success in the Japanese market - becoming the Japan market leader - the group company made Japan it's focus market. Currently, you can find their services in any shopping district/area in Tokyo.
This company is now looking to hire a Financial Controller for their Japan market, which will oversee and manage 2 local entities and lead the senior accounting staff. Since you are responsible for the Japanese finance division, you will be reporting directly to the APAC-CFO overseas and communicate with the HQ in Europe.
- Support the Commercial team to complete and review models for tender & business case submissions.
- Perform analysis of pricing models and provide instructions for implementation and improvement.
- Provide guidance to the operational teams for financial tasks.
Accounting, Taxation and Statutory Reporting
- Oversee the finance for 2 Japanese entities manage 1 senior accounting staff.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with regional accounting and reporting functions in Singapore and Europe.
- Perform Financial Planning & Analysis.
- General Accounting activities such as: Month-end close and reporting, Tax filing and Compliance,
Maintain and improve internal controls and processes
- Likely within 24 months, recruit and perform the insourcing of the financial accounting/reporting functions, so that the company has full control over its finance activities.
* Around 4-7 years of Accounting, Audit or Tax experience.
* Good communication skills to develop relationships with global stakeholders of the organization.
* Able to work in an English and Japanese speaking environment.
* Pro-active mindset with the desire to find innovative solutions for business challenges.
Good to have
* Experience with implementing new business ideas is a plus.
* Qualifications are a big plus, for example: CPA, CA, Tax Accountant and/or Nissho Bookkeeping
- Growing company: Chance to play a key role in the growth of the Japanese business.
- International working environment: Report directly to South-east Asia & Europe, and use English on a daily basis.
- Stable career: They are the largest company in their respective industry. Japan is the focus market of the group company.
- Build your own finance team: Within 2 years, the company wants to in-source all finance activities. As the Financial Controller, you will take the lead and recruit your own finance team for the Japan market.