Financial Controller at Large European Travel Company
Finance Number 2 Position / Senior Manager
International Communication, Report to Singapore
This company is one of the largest travel/ tourism company in the world. Their headquarter is in Europe and they provide group travel plan to many companies, and individual customers.
- Oversee and Improve the Financial Operations, Accounting, Financial Planning and reporting requirements for the Company in accordance with Japanese GAAP and BCD Global Company policies / IFRS procedures.
- Cash and working capital management thru strong oversight over account receivable process engaging Internal functional stake holders (Operations, Account management) and External customers
- Ensure proper financial control environment and custodian of the assets of the Company.
- Manage financing, evaluate investment proposals, preparing cost benefit analysis (CBA)
- Strong business partnership thru strong financial planning, analysis, reporting and strong pricing approaches with an overall view of business growth and profitability
- Streamlining the administrative processes through policies and procedures
- Creating / leading Japan FP&A and Accounting team in accordance with company's HR policies and guidelines.
- To ensure and constantly improve the accounting structures and systems so as to enable appropriate financial accounting & reporting standards.
- Ensure timely month close & related deliverables completed in accordance with global / regional calendar.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the monthly financial performance to regional HQ and local management in timely manner.
- To review and align reporting standards in accordance with the templates issued by the Global / Regional HQ.
- To prepare realistic budget and monthly rolling forecasts for the Company taking into considerations of business, operations, industry and economic sentiments.
- To develop revenue and cost analysis thru financial and client / product level profitability analysis
- To have oversight and development of pricing activities in line with global, regional and local pricing protocols and strategies
- Ensuring compliance to all local Tax requirements and timely & accurate submission of Tax returns as per Internal company and external market requirements.
- To meet both regular as well as ad-hoc reporting timelines set by Regional HQ and/or Global HQ.
- To attend to all Regional Finance calls/meetings and participate actively to seek improvement in the APAC Regional reporting and standards.
- To liaise with the bankers and/or Global Treasury on all financing needs and to acquire them at the most competitive costs.
- To review and manage cash-flow forecast of the Company such that all efforts are taken to provide reasonable cash availability and utilization.
- To liaise with external parties on all industry related requirements so as to ensure that the operations of the Company are in compliant and safeguarded at all times.
- To report to the Regional HQ on any important matters arising as soon as they have been made known or identified so that necessary actions can be taken.
- To ensure the proper management of the Company's expenses within budget so as to achieve better financial performance.
- To perform any other adhoc projects, administrative duties that may be assigned from time-to-time by his superior.
- Setting up Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and manage the team & staff performance.
- Degree in Accountancy or other professional Accountancy qualifications or MBA
- 8 to 12 years of relevant working experience and knowledge of Japanese GAAP, IFRS and other regulatory requirements
- Experience of different stakeholder engagement and navigating complex Matrix Relationships at regional, functional and global level
- Exposure to new implementation / replacement of front and back office finance systems e.g. SAP
- Prior experience of working in Multinational company having overseas regional and global headquarters
- Prior experience of leading teams
- Experience in annual budgeting and monthly rolling forecasting with variance analysis.
- FP&A and pricing exposure
- Able to work under stress, manage multiple deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Change Management and Integration experience during Mergers and Acquisitions preferred but not must
- Service Industry including hospitality or Travel industry knowledge is preferred but not must
- Proficiency in MS excel and Power point presentations
- Travelling may be required outside of Japan on as and when basis
- Strong communication skills - bilingual (English and Japanese). Fluent English (spoken and written) is must.