Finance Director - Support M&A and Business Expansion
Lead the integration process from both financial and system prospective
Support company goal to double revenue in the next 2-3 years
About Our Client
Our client is the world leader within their space in the manufacturing industry. Their solutions and tools can be used in a variety of different applications across multiple industries (from medical to automotive).
The company experienced 20% revenue growth over the last years, and is currently proceeding with an M&A of a complimentary business to expand their market coverage and compliment current solutions offered to clients.
Key areas of focus:
- Lead the integration process from both financial and system prospective (including upcoming ERP implementation)
- Be the right hand to the Country Manager to support achieving revenue goals (double the revenue) and provide financial insight on market trend, competitor situation, provide margin analysis, etc..
- Review current processes to understand potential opportunities to increase efficiency in the operations and tools.
- Analyze variations from forecasts and prior periods to provide accurate explanations for variances and support Country Manager and operations managers in determining effective countermeasures.
- Serves as finance expert and advisor for business critical projects including acquisitions, investments, cost analyses, etc. aligning and collaborating with the global finance and business organizations as needed.
- Provide leadership in improving financial results in the area of revenue, operating profit and working capital.
- Direct the consolidation and/or reporting of actual results, including for GAAP and statutory purposes, as applicable for the country.
- Drive overall budgeting, forecasting and analysis with clear insights and decisions to support the corporate initiatives and regional growth.
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Support local leaders with ad hoc reporting to support many day-to-day business decisions for commercial and operations.
- Develop financial staff through coaching, counseling, and evaluating associates. Hire strong talent with a focus on succession planning.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience in Finance or Accounting with ability to drive operational changes and support business growth.
- Experience managing a team / finance function and driving organizational changes
- Advanced experience in financial analysis, reporting and controllership
- Strong leadership skills to lead locally, influence across the organization in a matrix environment and build inclusivity and engagement across the team.
- Excellent interpersonal and English written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read and write Japanese at native language (including complex legal documents in Japanese)
- Strong business acumen with strong analytical and problem solving techniques.
What's on Offer
- Japan is one of the principal markets within Asia as majority of the revenues are derived from customers outside the US and Europe. The company anticipate that Japan sales will continue to grow and will account for a significant portion of regional revenues in the foreseeable future.
- This is a key business partnering position with an opportunty to have a strong impact on the current and future organisation.