Finance Director - Diagnostics Business (3-6% Growth YoY)
Despite COVID, company had positive sales result in Q2 this year
Business partnering role designed to support expansion of the business
About Our Client
Our client is global leader in rare disease diagnostic solutions. The company is on a mission to enable fast and reliable diagnosis to save patients' lives.
The company is mid-sized in Japan, and has enjoyed 3-6% growth year on year since its start-up decades ago.
Despite dynamic economic conditions caused by COVID, company experiences growth in their sales results in Q2 this year due to the increased demand in their diagnostics and testing solutions, and strategic partnerships to combat COVID.
- Responsible for providing financial consultation for business expansion projects
- Responsible for the financial projections and presentations for budget, strategic plan and quarterly, monthly business reviews, etc.
- Provide strong commercial / financial decision support to Japan and APAC team and ensure financial discipline in business decisions
- Support monthly and yearly closing activities, and ensure accurate P&L reporting a
- Drive adoption of standardized reporting, analytics and data management
- Review of internal controls, ensure and formulate strong controls for all accounting and operational processes
The Successful Applicant
- Strong experience in similar role whether as Finance department head of Business Unit Head
- Solid experience in financial planning, budgeting and forecasting activities with ability to provide analytical insight to the business
- Understanding of operational accounting, with preferred experience working with a Shared Service Center
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, success-driven organization
- Industry experience in pharmaceutical / medical or HLS industry would be a plus
- Strong communication skills in English (both written and able to conduct video conferences with overseas counterparts)
- Fluency in Japanese (ability to read and write complex Japanese documents)
What's on Offer
- The company has solid position on the local and global market and is not affected by the current economic conditions.
As a business partner, you will support the company to improve their competitive positioning in Japan, identifying opportunities to take further market share and improve current customer bases, etc.