Finance Controller - Top-tier Medical Device Company (Tokyo)
One of the largest and most recognized medical device companies in the world
Act as a mini-CFO and be responsible for the assigned business unit
Our client is a large size multinational company specialising in developing innovative medical devices catering to various forms of chronic diseases.
- Effectively & timely manage monthly, quarterly, and annual planning and reporting requirements.
- Closely monitor revenue and margin performance of the businesses/functions, search and understand the drivers behind the numbers, and identify actionable insights and bring them into actions.
- Understand what constitutes cost structure of businesses/functions, closely monitor progress and control when necessary by promoting reasonable trade-off.
- Always familiarize him/herself on the latest financial planning tools, financial requirements, reporting schedules and help alignment among stakeholders including business/function leaders
- Constructively challenge business/function leaders when adequate from finance point of view. One of examples is something that may hurt in short-term but important from long-term point of view.
- Collaborate with accounting and other teams in Finance to ensure financials we present are in line with the rules and guidelines according to the world-wide finance manual and other important rules.
- Drive compliance, financial discipline and integrity from finance point of view.
- At least 5 years of relevant financial analysis or business controlling experience in a multinational company
- Experience business partnering with both local and overseas counterparts
- MBA or related degrees and qualifications is a plus
- Knowledgeable in MS Excel and other analytical tools and software
- Business level English communication skills, both oral and written
- Fluent level Japanese communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong global network and stable business model.
- Open company culture where employees are encouraged to collaborate with management for new ideas and projects.
- Excellent work life balance with opportunity to work from home twice a week.
- Internal promotions and opportunity to move to different offices in the APAC region.