Facility engineer - Data center - Tokyo - up to 8M JPY
International IT company leader in its field
Technical position, develop your skills within a strong team!
Our client, an international IT company, is looking for a talented candidate for a Facility Engineer position, based in Japan, to take care of the infrastructure of its data centers in Tokyo area. You have experience in facility engineering for mission-critical facilities (data centers, hospitals, government buildings, industries,...), or a degree in engineering and the willingness to learn? Apply now and let's have a chat about it!
In this Facility Engineer position, located in Japan, you will have the following responsibilities:
- support the growth of data facilities and related facility maintenance / renovation / new build associated with this growth
- maintain the physical infrastructure of the data centers while ensuring the standards of safety and security
- deploy, operate, and maintain the facilities (electrical/mechanical systems, control/fire-fighting systems, etc.) and manage related projects
- Operate and do maintenance of data center electrical, mechanical, controls, fire suppression systems, etc.
- Participate in the decrease/increase of capacity in data centers
- Participate in new build and expansion projects
- Prepare and implement countermeasure for natural disasters, emergency response to high priority/critical incidents
This list in not exhaustive. Other missions may be added.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally display the following requirements:
- Relevant work experience with operating and maintaining mission critical equipment (24 hour operation factories, substations, hospitals, etc...)
- Experience with change management, incident management, problem management, and troubleshooting
- Vendor management experience
- English proficiency (verbal and written) at a level that enables daily tasks without trouble - middle school level (Eiken 3) or equivalent. But anyone willing to improve their English skill is possible
Preferable but not mandatory:
- Basic knowledge of data center facilities
- Experience with operation and maintenance of data centers
- CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, AHRAE, or similar certifications
- Type II Chief Electrical Engineer, Qualified Energy Manager, Type 4 Hazardous Materials Engineer, Refrigeration Machinery Manager, 2nd Class Qualified Certified Electrician