Facilities Chief Engineer - Data Center - up to 12M JPY
International IT company leader in its field
Technical position, develop your skills within a strong team!
Our client, an international IT company, is looking for a talented candidate for a Facilities Chief Engineer position, based in Japan, to take care of the infrastructure of its data centers in Tokyo area. You have experience in facility engineering for mission-critical facilities (data centers, hospitals, government buildings, industries…)? Apply now and let's have a chat about it!
In this Facilities Chief Engineer position, located in Tokyo, you will have the following responsibilities:
- deploy, operate, and maintain the facilities (electrical/mechanical systems, control/fire-fighting systems, etc.) of data centers
- plan, review, evaluate, operate, maintain, improve and manage mission-critical facilities
- manage vendors
- hands-on work and supervision relating to decrease/increase of rack capacity, construction works, planned maintenance and urgent or emergency changes
- prepare and implement countermeasure for natural disasters: EOPs, training staffs and preparing appropriate tools
- Review, evaluate and proactively identify risks or vulnerability in data center (electrical, mechanical, control)
- Understand and develop team structure, help drive interview, build strong team through managing 6 to 10 engineers
- Plan and manage budget and procurement.
This list in not exhaustive. Other missions may be added.
To be successful in this position, you will ideally display the following requirements:
- Experience with designing, building, commissioning, operating and maintaining data center or mission critical facilities such as power substation, airport, hospital, etc.
- People management or team lead experience including hiring and developing the best, and/or team promotion experience
- English and Japanese proficiency (verbal and written) - TOEIC 800+, JLPT N2 or above or equivalent