Business Unit Manager
Extrusion business line
Our Client based for 20 years in Mauritius, is an integrated design, development and manufacturing company specializing in percutaneous interventional medical devices for the global market. We design and manufacture angioplasty balloon catheters for interventional cardiology, radiology, gastroenterology and urology.
The role of the Business Development Manager will be to:
- Overseeing production runs of injection moulded parts and extruded parts
- Overseeing maintenance and participating in upgrading process of equipment
- Developing the extrusion and injection activities
- Bringing in-house capability for moulding and over moulding of medical grade polymers
- Managing production line operation in accordance with policies and procedures of a medical device environment
- Ensuring compliance to ISO 13485 and 21 CFR820 regulations
- Managing the extrusion and moulding operation team to ensure high quality performance at all times
- Regulating production processes and controlling production variables (quality and waste)
- Managing production line-ends, machine shut-downs, and all related maintenance activities
- Conduct market research to identify customer requirements and to identify materials, products & services to fill these needs
- Coordinate Commercial Contract activities, whilst adhering to legal advice, law-established rules and company guidelines.
The Business Unit Manager will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- A minimum of 8 years proven working experience as a Business Unit Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Materials Engineering or related field
- Previous experience performing IQ/OQ/PQ in a regulated environment
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Focused and goal-oriented
- Previous experience in extrusion and medical grade materials would be a plus
- Previous injection moulding and over moulding experience with medical grade materials would be a plus
- A great attitude and ability to work in a very fast-paced environment
- Extremely strong work ethic
This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking for an exciting challenge and ready to gain significant experience within an outstanding company.
Our Client is offering an attractive remuneration structure plus several benefits