Director of Strategy, Marketing and Business Development
Strategy driving position for global brand
Bilingual position reporting to a non-Japanese Managing Director
About Our Client
Our client is an established, global professional services firm with a strong reputation and expertise in a variety of business and industry areas. The Tokyo office has been operating for a long time in Japan with deep local roots while also being backed by a hugely successful business in the region and globally.
- Identify and proactively seek areas of growth and improvement in all working units of the office
- Devise high level strategy and implementation techniques for external, internal and financial growth of the Tokyo office, working with various stakeholders
- Secure and manage global, regional and local budgets necessary for implementation
- Management of Business Development, PR, Marketing, Reception, Translation and Events teams.
Key Result Areas
- Effective management of stakeholder expectations and plans;
- Progress in implementation of initiatives outlined in the long term strategic vision of the office;
- Progress in raising the external market / client reputation of the office, as well as improving the management and cultural growth of all employees;
- Successful management and implementation of special projects;
- Alignment of local strategic initiatives with global strategy;
- Strong working relationships across various stakeholders at the global and regional firm, and more broadly in the business.
The Successful Applicant
- Business Administrator: Senior level
- Budgeting and financial execution: Senior level
- Professional Services marketing, business development and client relations: Professional level
- Various technical, knowledge on soft and hard programs: Semi-Professional
- Trends and market movements, hot topics: Semi-Professional level is preferred. Open to experience in professional or business services industries.
- Business communication and psychology: Professional level
Desirable years of experience
- Professional services firm management (as a Director or higher): 10+ years
- BD, Marketing, Communications: 10+ years
What's on Offer
- Leading, global brand
- Extensive change management, strategy and management opportunities
- Work with a highly experienced, down-to-earth and supportive Managing Director