DevOps IT Engineer
One of the most valuable unicorns in the world.
A fun and dynamic work environment.
A leading internet technology company operating several machine learning-enabled content platforms. The company had over 800 million daily active users (over 1 billion accumulated users) across all of its content platforms as of November 2018. The company was valued at $78 billion as of November 2018 and is considered one of the most valuable unicorns in the world.
- Maintains the SLA on development productivity infrastructure by monitoring, troubleshooting and fixing software and hardware problem
- Drives innovative engineering for systems across multiple internal IT infrastructure service
- Drives continuous improvements within and across global teams
- Create, test and maintain solutions for technology needs that include network infrastructure, computer operations and server, security and device management
- Responsible for infrastructure maintenance, upgrades, costs reduction, configuration, and high availability
- Dive deep to resolve problems at their root, looking for failure patterns and suggesting fixes
- Prepare runbooks, SOPs, tutorials, training videos on best practices
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to adapt and change priorities as the business needs change
- Build monitoring dashboards and creation of critical alerts for the system
- Design and maintain solutions to complex technology needs
- Develop automation processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor their applications through the use of tooling or scripting
- Contribute to the architecture, design, and improvement of our DevOps processes
- Contribute to tool analysis and evaluation for its ability to meet enterprise needs
- Identify emerging technologies that can be utilized to enhance our tool-chain.
- Develops documentation, and work with team members various systems
- Administers and maintains source control repositories, build systems, build automation servers, and associated automation.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS, or Engineering, plus 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Experience with Docker CE as well as Docker Datacenter infrastructure or equivalent
- Experience with automation tools such as Puppet, Chef, and Ansible
- High level of knowledge with Linux Servers, Windows Servers, Databases, and Networking
- Excellent problem solving and effective research skills
- 3+ years of experience in DevOps, IT engineering, network engineering, and/or software configuration management
- Experience with successfully executing and continuously improving the release process for a large organization delivering many products with competing timelines
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with a service-oriented attitude with excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge or experience with DevOps principles and Infrastructure as code
* Diverse international work environment with people from all types of backgrounds
* Attractive office and location
* Handful of employee benefits
* Growing company with many chances to step up in career
* Good WLB