Development Finance Japan HealthCare
Improve finance operations
can work at HQ
Japanese Pharma Company
Roles and Responsibilities
œ Provides senior level financial and business advice to stakeholders through effective partnerships, useful analyses, and by constructively challenging proposals so Astellas can meet its overall goals effectively.
œ Provides key stakeholders with accurate, timely financial information to support decision making, and enabling compliance with policies, regulations, and laws
œ Develops and consolidates financial plans (managerial and statutory basis) for Global Developmentfs clinical project activities. gHands onh participation in the preparing financial plans is required.
œ Performs variance analysis, monitors financial performance against budget and forecast, and collaborates with business partners to control development expenses. gHands onh participation in the preparing financial reports is required.
œ Responsible for implementing the planning processes within the remit of the role, in alignment with the global process
œ Lead the budgeting process across his/her remit, including target setting, challenging the relevant leads, and ensuring realistic budgets
œ Drive the forecasting process, ensuring that results are reasonably predictive, and effectively highlight risks and opportunities, allowing the business to create value through adjustments and reallocations of investments- Embed Compliance Culture across the market ensuring Integrity in Action is actively applied in all initiatives and proactively address non-compliance.
● Undergraduate degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting or Life Sciences undergraduate / MBA combination
● 5 years of financial management and / or accounting experience
● Fluency in local language, English conversational and business English (equivalent to Toefl IBT 105+, or 7.5 IELTS, CAE- Cambridge English advanced exam, TOEIC Listening 400+, Reading 400+, Speaking 150+, Writing 150+)
● 2 years of recent experience as a senior financial partner to a business unit leader
Job Specific Skills
● Poise, confidence, adaptability and effective influencing skills needed for interacting with Astellas leaders
● Strong teamwork and partner behaviors● Experience in working in global teams● Demonstrated initiative and creativity in pioneering new approaches and ways of working● Effective interpersonal skills● Working knowledge of internal controls and J-Sox, IFRS
● Adept with MS Office applications