Data Modeller - Global Securities Company
International environment & good work-life balance
Competitive salary - Up to 14M/year
Our client is a member company of a Japanese Giant Financial Group and a Top-Tier Securities Firm with a strong and well-established presence in the market. The company provides investors and corporate clients with a vast range of services, which is the factor that made their business so successful. The company has been raising in popularity as a place of work thanks to their excellent work culture and work-life balance. The company's offices are located in one the most important business centres of Tokyo.
Your daily responsibilities will be as follows:
- Talk to Business and IT stakeholders and capture information related to various data concepts.
- Create and maintain Conceptual and Logical data models, and data dictionary.
- Conduct review meetings with Business and IT stakeholders in various functions
- Define and govern data modelling standards, tools, and best practices.
- Analyse data flows between various systems.
- Coordinate with IT SMEs to understand physical data (files, API, databases, etc.) and map it to the logical data model.
- Create knowledge repository and perform 4 eye check of repository based on standards defined
Must have skills
- Fluent in Japanese and English languages.(Depending on modelling/technical skills, both of the language requirements can be flexible)
- Expertise in data modelling principles and good understanding of either UML or Entity Modelling techniques.
- Good working knowledge of a modelling tool such as Visio, Erwin or Power Designer.
- Good technical knowledge of Excel and SQL.
- Comfortable in analysis of large sets of data.
- Expertise in business analysis techniques.
Nice to have skills
- Working knowledge of concepts, terms and calculations in one or more areas: Financial Control, Liquidity or Risk Management.
- Working knowledge of Reference data: Book, Entity, Instrument, Rating, Limit, etc.
- Working knowledge of board reports: Leverage ratio, RWA, Revenue, Liquidity Coverage Ratio, etc.
- Experience in translating/mapping relational data models into XML and Schemas.
- Enterprise Architecture tool expertise.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the leading Securities firms in Japan and globally and advance your career
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 14M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment and utilize/advance your bi-lingual skills
- A great work-life balance thanks to the low overtime work that is required by the company