Data Engineer (Pyspark/Hadoop/Scala) - Global Insurance Firm
Excellent work-life balance
No Japanese needed - International environment
Our client is one of the wolrd's largest Life Insurance Companies leading the industry both globally and in Japan. It is a home for more than 40,000 employees worldwide and known for their excellent work-life balance, fun working environment, and career growth opportunities.
Part of their success lies within their ability to come up with innovative solutions not only on the business side but also within their technology. Apart from an insurance firm they are also a technology hub where excellent technologists lead the creations of cutting-edge solutions.
The role will include but will not be limited to the responsibilities below:
- Source code modification/New Program Construction
- Unit testing
- Production Deployment Preparation
- Code and Test in Java, Python, Scala for ingestions and transformations.
- Use various Hadoop technologies for storing/publishing data like Kafka, Hive, HBase, Files, etc.
- Participate in preparation of code release.
- Document code in Jira, SharePoint and within the code.
- Requirements gathering work.
- UAT/user engagement.
If you meet most of the following criteria, you are the right candidate for this role:
- Experience as a Big Data Engineer or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with either Spark, Scala, or Python.
- Understanding of non-relational & relational databases (SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with Spark, or the Hadoop ecosystem and similar frameworks.
If you are the successful candidate, you will be entitled to the following features:
- To work for one of the best Insurance firm Globally and access an excellent career path
- A competitive high-base salary of up to JPY 12M/year
- Full employment and social benefits + full transportation coverage
- To work in multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment where technical skills are more important than Japanese language skills
- A great work-life balance and a fun environment to work at
- Contract to permanent role if your performance meets the team's expectations.