Data Center Design Manager - Tokyo up to 11500000 Yen per year
Human sized company, great teamwork and projects for big clients
High level of responsibilities, big projects
Our client, an investment company specialised in providing technical solutions to big IT corporations in construction of their Data Centers, is looking for its next Data Center Design Manager, to handle end to end delivery of major projects in Japan. You have at least 2 years of experience in construction project management or electrical design, with a good sense of teamwork and the will to work for the digital field? Apply Now!
As a Data Center Design Manager located in Tokyo, you will handle projects from the beginning to the end: from project initiation and definition through to handover and continuous improvement. The following responsibilities are included in the role:
- Implement Design & Engineering Guidelines / Standards
- Lead the design of multiple projects
- Provide strategic and innovative thinking
- Manage challenging deliverables against project expectations (within budget and schedule objectives set for each project)
- Direct and oversee Professional Consultants (Architects, Engineers) and Equipment Suppliers
- Assist in the preparation and review of budgets and forecasts
- Act as the primary customer contact for the development of customized datacenter development projects: lead the consultant team, prepare detailed development of work letters including program (scope), budget (emphasis on value-engineering) and schedule documents to support leasing activities.
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships (Contractors, Architects, Engineers, Consultants, etc)
- Prepare requests for proposals
- Communicate status of projects to both internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare monthly project reports regarding the budget, schedule…
Frequent travelling between Tokyo and Osaka.
To be a successful applicant, you will need the following:
- 2 years' experience minimum in design and management of technically complex projects, in Data Center or Computer Center
- Electrical and/or mechanical engineering background in design or construction project management
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Quantity Surveying or other related degree
- Ability to understand and interpret design drawings, construction drawings, specifications, design and construction contracts, project schedules, and detailed budgets and estimate summaries
- Fluency in Japanese and English (communication with internal stakeholders and external clients and companies)
- Teamwork spirit, communication skills, general positive attitude, problem-solving oriented.