Country Manager - Global Online Travel Agency
An opportunity to lead and grow the Japan business for an International OTA
Work closely with senior executives to devise and plan sales strategy.
About Our Client
Our client is an Online Travel Agency (OTA) offering accommodation booking services through its website and mobile application.
It offers its service in over 35 different languages, with various types of accommodation, from hotels and B&Bs, to beach resorts, rest houses and homestays.
They are looking for a Country Manager as part of their continued investment in Japan and their rapid expansion plans.
- Manage a team of 100+ in five offices responsible in the Japan market.
- Devise and implement strategies that grow the companies footprint in Japan.
- Develop tools and processes to ensure greater internal operational efficiency's.
- Lead, develop and coach staff to achieve business goals.
- Prepare and present high quality weekly reports.
- Coordinate with senior management on strategic planning and objectives.
- Attend and participate at all relevant trade shows, workshops and events.
The Successful Applicant
- Proven leadership with strong interpersonal skills and the experience of managing a large team.
- Past success in mentoring sales teams.
- Past success in building solutions-focused teams that create long term customer relationships.
- A strong understanding of the principles of ecommerce, online marketing and financial metrics.
- Strong numerical & analytical skill and attention to detail.
- Adaptable and highly disciplined
- Very good command in both written and spoken English & Japanese.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work as Country Manager for Japan for one of the biggest online travel agencies in the world. Reporting directly to the head of APAC, you will be responsible for shaping and growing the business.