Country Manager - Dormeo Octasmart
Develop and grow Japan revenue by proactively building distribution of key brand
Reporting into UK HQ with full responsibility for the growth of Japan business
Dormeo Octasmart is a UK company with a global presence in over 40 markets, the Octasmart brand is one of the fastest growing sleep brands.
Japan has been identified as one of three global power markets in which it has the market size and opportunity to significantly contribute to the growth of Octasmart. As part of this strategy, one exclusive distributor is now in market with Michael Page exclusively partnering with Dormeo to find a Japan Country Manager to lead the business and manage the distributor using an omnichannel approach to sales.
- To manage and develop the Japan business to achieve profitable growth - focusing on key metrics: annual revenue, % gross margin and net profit - to deliver the initial 3-year growth plan.
- Effectively manage the market distributor, building a strong working relationship to further the brand in key channels.
- Lead and co-ordinate the digital partnership within market; working with the UK based digital team, agencies, operations and logistics.
- Pro-actively develop new business through all sales channels - retail, live TV shopping, catalogue and digital business to ensure that the omnichannel distribution model is implemented and ensuring wherever the consumer wishes to purchase their sleep products, Dormeo Octasmart is available.
- Report to UK International Sales Director working together to develop strategies to accelerate growth of Japan business.
- Fluent verbal and written Japanese and English.
- Proven track record of profitable sales growth of a branded consumer good within Japan.
- Omnichannel experience and background successfully managing existing commercial relationships alongside developing new business with new partners.
- Experience of managing distributors.
- Highly motivated individual with the attitude, drive and commercial skill set to develop a market.
- Experience of working remotely, entrepreneurial with ability to work independently with confidence and minimal supervision.
Full autonomy of Japan business - responsibility for delivery Japan strategy and revenue result
Exposure to UK HQ and Global business initiatives
In charge of build out and growth for a Global brand
Competitive salary and bonus