Cost Analyst - Global Chemical Business in Tokyo
Flexible Working hours - Supporting a working mother
Well recognized business wihtin its industry
My client are a chemical giant and manufacturing speciality chemicals for the transportation, industrial, and consumer markets. Globally, they hold huge market share and have been performing consistently very well. There are roughly 100people working in Japan office and in order to efficiently manage operations, they decided to recruit a strong Cost Analyst. The position reports to Head of Finance.
Responsibilities for the Cost Analyst are;
- Ensure monthly closing and analysis for costing module is performed accurately and timely, including standard cost release, inventory reserve review, PPV review, manufacturing expense absorption review, sales & COGS reconciliation between FI and PA, etc.
- Lead annual physical inventory counting & variance analysis and following assets loss document preparation for tax filing
- Prepare monthly management reports and provide finance insights for plant actual performance to operation team
- Support operation team on plant improvement projects, new product cost estimation, etc.
- Perform 3-way match in SAP system for direct purchasing
- Arrange payment according to payment term
- Analyze GR/IR(Goods Received/Invoice Received) account details every month and coordinate with procurement department/logistic department to close open item on time
- Perform account reconciliation monthly for costing and AP related accounts, and can solve open-items on time
- Support both external audit and internal audit for costing and AP areas
- Any other duties as assigned
- 5 years relevant experiences in cost accounting/analysis in multi-national organisations, with manufacturing experience is an advantage
- Good knowledge of local and USA generally accepted accounting principles
- Good command of Excel(Pivot, Indexx, SAM, VLoopup)
- Fluency in oral and written English and Japanese is essential
- Team Player(not only handling your tasks but also help others to complete tasks as a team)
- Salary: 6-8M(12months breakdown) + Incentive
- Good work life balance