Corporate Counsel - Global Start-Up Healthcare Company
Act as the head/sole counsel for a growing organization
Report directly to the global counsel based in the US
The client is a global start-up healthcare company with under 50 employees here in Japan. The company offers great benefits including flex-time and work-from-home.
- Review, draft and negotiate a wide range of agreements, including: clinical trial agreements; master service agreements; supply agreements; consulting and confidentiality agreements
- Work closely with research, and client services groups to advance the objectives key business partnerships
- Negotiate research agreements with academic investigators and institutions
- Assist on compliance matters including privacy laws, health-care fraud and abuse laws
- Work collaboratively with internal clients by providing clear, practical and timely legal advice
- Keep informed of new laws, regulations, and industry trends affecting the organization
- Bachelor's degree or above, in law or a related field
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating contracts
- Business-level Japanese and English; ability to drafts contracts in Japanese a must
- Legal qualification in Japan or a common-law jurisdiction a plus, but not necessary
This is the opportunity to move into a head of legal role for a growing organization. The individual will play a key role in the business's activities here in Japan, while working with senior and global stakeholders.