Communication Manager (Large leading US Law Firm)
One of the largest US law firm in both global and Japan
Great work life balance with very professional environment
A one of the world's leading global law firm with over 10+ offices across the world.
Japan has over 100+ employees with strong back office function & partners and is looking to exoand its business in Japan!
- Lead development and implementation of the Firm's public relations and communications strategy in Asia.
- Responsible for conducting outreach to relevant reporters at international, national, business, and trade publications based in Japan to generate impactful press coverage on the Firm's matters, practice groups, partners, initiatives, and milestones.
- Develop and cultivate relationships with appropriate press contacts in Japan.
- Manage our PR agency that supports the Firm in Asia to maximize positive publicity for the Firm across those countries.
- Prepare partners for media interviews and actively participate in meetings with key reporters.
- Write communication materials such as press releases, media pitches, byline article abstracts, pre-briefing documents, etc.
- Analyze and present on results of PR campaigns, using the information to determine appropriate strategic adjustments.
- BA/BS degree required.
- At least 5-7 years of public relations and communications experience, preferably with at least some experience in legal PR either at a firm or on the agency side.
- Strong understanding of the media landscape in Asia.
- Solid relationships with key reporters in Japan.
- Strong news sense and knowledge of what it takes to generate impactful media coverage.
- Experience in developing and successfully executing PR and communications plans.
- Comfortable interacting with and counseling partners and senior-level employees.
- Impeccable English language verbal and writing abilities.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to successfully prioritize multiple demands and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Ideally has experience with social media and content marketing.