- Work in an global Pharmaceutical company with a huge presence in Japan
- Opportunity for career advancements
About Our Client
One of the largest corporations ran in the United States with their speciality in Pharmaceutical. They have offices in over 50 counties, and is still growing their presence in Japan.
- Creation and execution of pro-active media engagement strategy to include both traditional and new media tools, in conjunction with brand platforms and Marketing team
- Company spokesperson (as required, for Japan media inquiries)
- Work in collaboration with professional associations, patient advocacy groups, and with other departments in Japan
- Provide direction and oversee the work of PR agency partners in Japan
- Work in collaboration with Japan sales, marketing & platform teams to align all external facing communications with customer-facing objectives
- Ensure all communications are fully aligned with strategic positioning for the products and franchise
- Proactively identify and manage issues/crisis that put the Brand or Corporate Image at risk
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years of experience in internal and external communications in a company or public relations agency with a proven track record of success.
- Strong leadership competencies and flexibility, specifically in terms of managing through ambiguity and effectively handling multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in issues management, including experience dealing with national and local media, trade and social media or professional / trade and third-party organisations.
- Digital experience of external and internal communication tools (e.g., website, SNS, newsletter)
- Knowledge, understanding of regulatory / legal environment as it relates to medical devices or other regulated product categories.
- Experience in managing outside agencies/project budgets/schedules.
- At least 3 years of experience overseeing and developing staff or indirect staff (e.g., agency resources)
- Must possess strong written and oral communications skills, as well as editing experience, which includes a well-developed aptitude for grammar and style.
- Must demonstrate ability to work as part of a team, but also be a self-starter and an ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities relative to importance and urgency, and delivering results under tight time constraints.
What's on Offer
An opportunity to work in an global Pharmaceutical corporation with a huge presence in Japan, and will be able to work in an international environment while utilizing both Japanese and English skills.