European headquartered luxury accessories company
Established around 150 years ago and in Japan 50 years ago
About Our Client
Founded around 150 years ago this European headquartered luxury business specialises in the manufacture and sale, of luxury accessories around the world.
- The main mission of the Commercial Director/GM is to leverage the business in Japan: Increase sales and increase gross contribution
- Define an efficient commercial strategy to develop the 3 distribution network: Retail (50% of sales), Wholesale (25% of sales), discounter (25% of sales)
- Implement all the commercial and marketing programs in each distribution network Retail: Ginza boutique: Boost the sales performances by generating more traffic, optimising the sales of the different categories, increasing loyalty and average purchases.
- Shop-in-shops in departments stores: Have strong relationships with department stores (floor managers, buyers and above) to optimise the brand visibility and negotiate drivers to boost the sales performance (additional space, store relocation)
- Very active retail animation policy: Fairs, gaishos, CRM program etc.
- Outlet: Optimise the sales and profitability performances with a specific outlet collection
- Staff management: Manage 25 to 30 sales staff in direct shops
- Recruit external force for temporary events and pop-ups
- Assess staff performances, regular evaluations
- Training: Ensure that each staff gets the right training (sales skills / product info)
- Incentives : monthly & quarterly reviews Wholesale
- Define a dynamic monthly program for each of the main WS accounts (new launches, specific commercial approach, training, VM…)
- Implement similar animations as in retail: Fairs, gaishos…
- Make the commercial conditions evolve (less consignment)
The Successful Applicant
- The candidate must have the following qualities: leadership, dynamism, fighting spirit, being a "doer"
- Creativity, proactivity. team spirit, adaptability
- Being both strategic minded and very operational (small team)
- Precision, rigorousness (operations management)
- 10 years of professional experience in sales
- Luxury experience is welcomed but NOT essential
- Experience with Japanese department stores is a plus
- Fluent in Japanese, spoken and written (mandatory)
- French is a plus
- International background is requested
What's on Offer
- Excellent opportunity for full P&L responsibility of entire business in Japan
- Opportunity to develop into a General Manager/Country Manager as the business and role gets bigger