COBOL Application Tester / PM (JLPT N2+)
Great working conditions and career opportunities
Excellent training, and English-speaking environment
About Our Client
One of the global leaders in the IT solutions market is managing a large-scale platform migration for one of its major global customers. Located in central Tokyo, this European IT solutions firm has a high reputation for quality solutions and efficient implementation, but also for career development, training, and great work conditions.
Fun and rewarding environment with plenty of opportunities to learn and master new technologies and industries.
Application Testers will:
* Work closely with Project/Tech lead to understand requirement and perform ambiguity review. discuss requirement defects with leads/BA and resolves the defects
* Create code as per requirements, performs self and peer to peer code reviews and defect fixing thereof
* Prepares unit tests, executes self-test scenarios, test cases for the assigned module or requirements
* Participate in peer reviews of code, unit tests and associated project documents
* Analyze failure and updates to the Defect Management tool. Ensure timely closure of defects
* Review and clarify issues reported in defect Logs as needed
* Work with the other development team and Environment team to resolve any dependencies as needed
* Time escalation for any unresolved issue /risks
* Ensure Continuous improvement through automation/ Innovative Ideas/ Reuse etc.
The Successful Applicant
Language Requirements (Not optional)
* Strong Japanese language skill (must-have), Business or higher level English
* At least two years of mainframe programming / testing experience in COBOL, MVS utilities, JCL, TSO.
- may be app or mainframe development, testing, or similar relevant experience
Nice to have:
* Preferred ROSCOE experience
* Strong Communication & Interpersonal Relationship Skills
* Preferred to have Knowledge in Insurance domain based projects
* SDLC Methodology and Change Control software is preferred
* Exposure to Agile and Dev-ops is desirable
What's on Offer
Multiple levels of seniority are possible based on level of experience and technical knowledge. Salary and other details will vary with these factors.
This opportunity is contract-based but is long-term and conversion to permanent employee is possible.
This role offers all full-time benefits including insurance, pension, paid leave, and commutation allowance.
This role is open to long-term job-seekers as well as freelancers at all seniority levels.
Formal training available - please inquire for details